Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Started  

4 comments

So this is the long awaited posting for my current fans and potential fans out there... Let me give you some history on how I have ended up in Brooklyn, NY from the outdoorsy/college town of Fort Collins, CO. I have had the urge to move to New York City for about 4 years now and although initially it was for selfish reasons, about 2 years ago it became clear that God was calling me to step out in faith and make this move. I had no idea that this journey of faith would start right away after that initial calling. It was 2 years of waiting on God's timing all the while the desire to move never dying, then in February on a high school winter retreat God gave me the green light to go. On August 29th with the Uhaul trailer loaded; my parents, Roxie (my beagle), and I began our 3-day drive to The City.

Now it has been a little over 6 weeks and I'm pretty well settled into my apartment and, literally, 9'x6' room. The apartment is in a very convenient location with 2 little market type grocery stores on our block, a laundromat across the street, a big park 2 blocks away, and most importantly a subway stop 2 blocks away. My biggest complaint was that we didn't have gas for our stove/oven until last week. It was a constant hassle between the building's maintenance crew and the gas company. It was 5 weeks of microwave dinners, cereal, and sandwiches, which both Rushell (my roommate I found through craigslist) and I have remarked that we thought those days were over.

With my twice daily walks with Roxie (who has pretty much adjusted to city life), I'm getting to know my neighborhood quite well. I have found people to be very friendly. Sometimes the men can be a little too friendly, which gets old pretty quick...if you know what I mean.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Getting Started


  • 10/16/2008 10:55 PM  

    Hi Christi,
    I'm so glad to hear how life in the City is treating you. I'm also looking forward to more adventures with you and Roxie. Love you and Miss you!


  • 10/17/2008 7:54 PM  

    Christi,
    You're faith that brought you to New York will give you so many people to minister to! i just can't wait to see it all unfold. :)

    Love and Miss you lots!!

    Tay


  • 10/19/2008 9:09 AM  

    I am excited that you are doing well amidst your new challenges! I will be praying for ya. I know that God will take care of you no matter what. Can I come visit sometime? I would love to see you, since I've been a slacker over the years.

    Krissy


  • 10/19/2008 7:07 PM  

    It sounds to me, Krissy, like you're using me to see my city! (c: But that's ok, I still would love to see you...all visitors are welcome!